Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I GET to have TODAY

I have had too many friends in the not so distant past that have gone through unimaginable trials relating to their kids. In the blog world you can read about them and then you read about their friends that can relate and so on. It's hard to see how much sadness and unexplained death and grief is out there and in my very close friends lives. I feel so helpless! I want to say comforting words but have nothing that will dull their pain. Some of the feelings I have heard mentioned is "Why do bad Moms and teenage Moms and Moms that don't even want their children get to keep their kids and I have to lose mine?" I feel so badly for these Moms that have to ask these questions! I have no answers to these questions. The only One that knows is our Heavenly Father. In my daily prayers I often get stuck in vain repetition "nourish and strengthen our bodies" or thank thee for "today". Really? Today? What am I saying? What am i really thankful for? I want everyone that reads this to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that I know our Father in Heaven has a plan for us. Today, I am thankful for TODAY! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for TODAY! I complain about my trails that are legitimate sometimes...But I have 3 beautiful, healthy, smart and loving children that I GET to raise. I GET to be a Mom and I love that calling. I hesitate when I say this because I feel like it may come across as insensitive to those that have lost children but I think they would rather hear me saying how incredibly blessed I feel to have my kids rather than what a pain it was fighting with Sydney today. I don't know why some get called home sooner than others but I do know that I am thankful for TODAY and the fact that tomorrow I will be tired when my alarm goes off because I GET to wake up and listen to Sydney whine about me getting the tangles out of her hair. I get to clean up the toys after Joseph destroys my house. And when Parker pukes on my carpet and poops in her pants, I GET to be the one to clean it up. I am thankful for TODAY.

3 comments:

TJ said...

Perfect words

mama donk aubri jo said...

All so true

Becky porter said...

You know Amanda, I am thankful for you today! I am grateful that I get to know you and be friends with such a great person. I know our everyday lives get hard but appreciating them make it all worth it.