Sunday, March 8, 2009

A story about our DOGS

Once upon a time (2006) there was a lost, skinny boxer puppy. Our family was blessed and got to take her in and name her Cinde"RELLA". She was inside sometimes but mostly outside. We felt bad so we got her a huge black lab (Bruno) from the pound as a playmate. Not a great match but it made us appreciate Rella more. Bruno went to live in Queen Creek on a farm with horses. That is the truth...not a story we just told the kids. Rella became a 50/50 inside/outside dog.I can't resist boxers because of my childhood dog (Clipper). When I heard I could get a brand new pure bread for FREE I did it.
Welcome Gus Gus (2008)Gus got BIG , as puppies must...and both dogs were too much for inside. Both dogs out side were ok but there was a lot of poop, they scared little kids and we never played with them.
Having another dog made us realize how much we loved Rella and wanted just her inside to be with us as a part of the family. We found a great home for Gus Gus and that dramatically upset Sydney! Paul made her a braclette out of rope and put his dog tag on it. He also promised that Rella could sleep in her room that night. She got better but now we have 2 very sad little girls. (Sydney and Rella will get through it together...)

I really love this dog! The choice was hard but we are happy to have our girl with us INSIDE and will not get another dog...ever :)

6 comments:

TJ said...

Syd looks so tall

TZ Crew said...

Those pics of your dog(s) are so cute and poor Syndey but it makes sense why gus gus had to find a new home..miss ya Tia

Autumn said...

We love our Boxer. I don't do well with hair in the house, but we let her in just at night and she sleeps in a kennel. (on Dave's side of the bed). I was the one that couldn't wait until the day we could get a dog. But as soon as I found Boxer puppies for sale, Dave was totally on board! However, she is only 9 months, old. And with that comes a price... Stay tuned in the near future to our blog for details...

Jana said...

You are seriously so funny! I'm sticking with one dog too! My bed doesn't have enough room for more! I love all the posts! Cute girls & cute Bryce story. I especially love the eye story... watch out lil sis, I had an older brother as well!

Maren said...

ok, i want to know how on earth you found a home for those dogs. did you put an ad on craigslist or what? i have been trying to get rid of biggie for some time now with no luck. no one has even called. i need some tips. if you know of anyone that wants a min pin, let me know!

The Glenns said...

Hi, I think our husbands work together. Dan speaks highly of Paul. We are in a ward with some of your friends, I think. It would be nice to meet some time.