Sunday, August 23, 2009

Losing a friend

Some of you may know that I recently lost a good friend. Not to death and not to a move but because I wasn't the friend I needed to be. I have spent a lot of time sad and confused and empty feeling because of this loss and want to say to all of you that I love you. I know I am not always the friend I need to be and not always or ever the one to call or plan things. I do love my friends! I know I am the one being blessed by the friendships I have. I want to say that I appreciate all of you and the fact that you or anyone is reading this means I'm not alone. As the Golden Girls said "Thank you for being a friend..."

6 comments:

alison huston said...

If somebody feels you aren't the friend they needed you to be they had expectations that you didn't know about. Friends are gentle with each others feelings and help each other out in good times and bad times. Help comes in different ways. Sometime a phone call, sometimes a note, thought, prayer and if your lucky something with chocolate. Friends are understanding to all circumstances life throws. We're all busy and have children we're raising. We're not in High School anymore where we get to spend 24/7 with each other. But the time we do get to spend with our real friends is priceless no matter what. You can't lose a friend unless the friend chooses to lose you. (and what a lose) I just lost a friend too. BUT I have gained a new one with you.. I honestly feel so blessed your in my life. Your are such an amazing person. Clint and I love you! (sorry if this comes off preachy)

mama donk aubri jo said...

ya know I will always love you :) no worries here!

Maren said...

you are who you are and i accept it. sorry for your loss, sorry i got in the middle of it for a second...i really truly hope that friendship can be rekindled. LETS GO SHOPPING AGAIN!! : ) love you amanda

Amanda said...

I want to clearify that I hold no bad feelings toward the friend that I lost. That friend and that friendship still mean the entire world to me. I appreciate everyone's nice comments. My goal is...I want you all to KNOW that I appreciate you and our friendships. Thank you!

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I appreciate you! You will never lose me as a friend, or relative. Unless you don't post pictures of me, like you did TJ. JK. Love you!

Janalyn said...

I appreciate you too Amanda, and our friendship. Really. I always love being around you.